How to play the game.
- A copy of these rules
- Note-taking tools
Unless otherwise stated, the ordering of anything in this project follows: most to least important, from left-to-right and descending.
|Game Master||The person running the game|
|World||The setting played in by the Group|
|Non-Player Characters||Characters controlled by the Game Master|
|Players||The persons who are not the Game Master|
|Player Characters||The characters played by the Players|
|Party||The Players and their Player Characters|
|Group||The Game Master and the Players|
|Session||A single meeting of the Group to play the game|
- Designate one person as the Game Master
- In either order: the Game Master creates a World; the Players each create their own Player Characters
- The Group decides on the date and time for a session
- The Game Master describes the relevant state of the World
- The Players engage in decision making involving both themselves and the World
- The Game Master describes the outcomes to the Players' decisions and the responses made by the World
- Repeat these steps
Game Master Fiat
The Game Master has the ability to define and override rules.
General vs. Specific
Specific rules override general rules.